There’s a lot happening in Dundee!
The Dundee Waterfront Regeneration includes the building of the V&A Museum of Design (scheduled to open in 2018), along with other new and innovative building projects. Read more about this massive transformation of Dundee’s waterfront alongside the River Tay here https://www.dundeewaterfront.com
Don’t wait till 2018 to visit this famous Scottish City!
Dundee has a lot of great attractions to explore. Below are some of those “not to be missed” places to visit.
- Captain Scott’s Royal Research Ship Discovery http://www.rrsdiscovery.com
- Scotland’s Jute Museum www.verdantworks.com
- The McManusArt Gallery & Museum http://www.mcmanus.co.uk/
- Dundee Science Centre http://www.dundeesciencecentre.org.uk/
- Caird Hall Caird Hall
- Dundee Rep Theatre http://www.dundeerep.co.uk/
- HM Frigate Unicorn http://www.frigateunicorn.org
Enjoy shopping? There are lots of local shops as well as The Wellgate Shopping Centre and the Overgate Shopping Centre all within the City Centre.
It’s about a 10 minute walk between the City Centre and The Waterfront where you’ll also find Dundee Railway Station. From the Waterfront there's a great view of the Tay Road and Rail Bridges stretching across the River Tay.
Go on - visit Dundee (or visit Dundee again) and enjoy walking around the City and alongside the River Tay. You may just bump into Desperate Dan from the Dandy Comic or Oor Wullie from the Broons!